What personal information do you collect from the people that visit your blog or website?
When visiting my site, you may be asked to enter your name and/or email address to help you with your experience.
When do you collect information?
I collect information from you when you subscribe to my newsletter, fill out the contact form or leave a comment on the blog.
How do you use that information?
I may use the information I collect from you when you sign up for my newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow me to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding products and services.
How do you protect your information?
My website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
I do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless I provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist me in operating my website, conducting my business, or serving users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. I may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce site policies, or protect my or others’ rights, property or safety.
Occasionally, I might include or offer third-party products or services on my website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. I therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, I seek to protect the integrity of my site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
I collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Market to my mailing list or continue to send emails to readers after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, I agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can either:
- Follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email
- Or email me on: firstname.lastname@example.org
and I will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.